The New Lie – Off Shore DrillingPosted by Al @ 2:30 pm
I am still hearing the propaganda being spread by the MSM of Obama’s concession on offshore drilling. Then I am still seeing comments by conservatives on the greatness of such a concession. Personally, I thought it was a gimmick to garner more Rino and Blue Dog support for Cap and Tax legislation. The Progressives are loving this trick, knowing it’s just another Obama deception.
Thanks to the heads-up from USAPatriot1966 on Twitter for pointing us to maps and reports created by the House Natural Resources Committee Republican Press Office, Contact: Jill Strait or Spencer Pederson, (202)226-2311. It’s titled Obama Administration Places Vast Majority of OCS Off Limits.
What was the purpose of this announcement by Obama?
- Deflect attention from the socialized health program American are now forced to join
- Get the MSM progaganda machine to start emphasising Obama’s centrist position
- Confuse the non-informed sheep into signing on this disception as to demonize conservatives who oppose it its true intention.
- Buy the vote of Rinos and moderate Democrats who oppose Cap and Tax
- Most importantly, close down most of the drilling area opened up prior to him being elected
As noted in the report:
- Although President Obama today announced what he called the “expansion of offshore oil and gas exploration,” in reality the President LOCKED UP more land to American energy production…
- Under the Presidential and Congressional Moratoria in place from 1981 through October 2008, all of the Atlantic and the majority of the Pacific were off?limits to offshore drilling.
- In 2008, facing record gas prices, Congress and President Bush both announced an end to the decades?long ban on offshore drilling. This opened 500 million additional acres for new energy production that contain an estimated 14 billion barrels of oil and 55 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.
- After the moratoria were lifted, the Bush Administration issued a 2010?2015 OSC leasing plan, and solicited comments on all aspects of the plan. The proposal included 31 OCS lease sales in all or some portion of the 12 of the 26 planning areas—4 areas off Alaska, 2 areas off the Pacific coast, 3 areas in the Gulf of Mexico, and 3 areas off the Atlantic coast.
- Under President Obama’s new plan, the majority of the areas that were open for drilling once the moratoria were lifted are now once again closed. This includes all of the Pacific Coast, the Northeastern Atlantic and Bristol Bay in Alaska.
- The Administration is delaying plans to drill in the Atlantic off of Virginia’s coast until 2012– discarding a lease sale that was scheduled to take place in 2011.
- The Administration will only consider development of the Mid?Atlantic, Southern Atlantic, Chukchi and Beaufort Sea following Draft Environmental Study work to be conducted over the next year. It has NOT actually planned lease sales for these areas.
There it is folks. Soon after taking office, Obama closes the offshore drilling area just opened by Bush. Then he comes back with a sliver of a triangle off the coast of Virginia that will be ultimately bogged down in regulatory and legal BS. When Obama or his Communist minions say maybe, you can count on that to be a 100% lie, considering that a “yes” by these clowns means a 99.99% “NO”. Take the bait if you please, but I wouldn’t bite.