Progressives’ Tea Party Patriot Bashing Indicates DesperationPosted by Al @ 8:56 am
Well, the Progressive agenda to paint Tea Party patriots as a threat to America continues, but unfortunately for the author of this inaccurate rant, the case he makes better describes the characteristics of his progressive comrades.
If this author would have any backbone, he would have just come out and said what he means, instead of trying to mislead readers with loose associations of hatred, racism, violence, and ignorance. I’ll highlight the attacks through his associations and I will condense his fluffed up 22 paragraphs into one as to show the intention of this vitriol attack. His premise to portray the Tea Party Movement as immigrant-haters is merely disguised to do what Progressives, Marxist, and Communists do best when they have lost the argument- resort to name calling. I’ll bullet point his vitriol.
- Teabaggers are nostalgic for the 1950s and resentful about how Senator Joe McCarthy was disrespected
- we’ve all seen articles focusing on the racist signs and actions at Teabagger events
- Perhaps the clearest antecedent to the Teabag movement is the American Party, formed in 1845…The core belief of the party was that the United States was being ruined by the influx of “racially inferior” immigrants.
- Bohunks or Hunkies were Hungarian and Bohemian laborers…were considered less human, even, than the Polacks.
- Micks and Paddys were Irish immigrants. Potato eaters…derided as Wiggers, a contraction of White-n***er, also dismissed as uncivilized
- Wops were the Italians…whose presence polluted city ghettos and burdened civic services.
- The Micks, Hunkies, and Wops (and other immigrant groups) were called untrainable and racially inferior.
- Was the concept of race was different in those days?…But our need to feel better than someone else remained. So what?! Ta Da! The Beaner, Wetback, Latino “race” emerged.
- People who benefit from discrimination needed a new target group.
- the American Party focused on the perceived “threat” to our culture, our nation, our stability, just as the Teabaggers do today.
- today’s Teabaggers don’t know much about socialism, the American Party members didn’t know much about Catholicism, except that they were scared of it and they hated it.
- the American Party…People called them, and they proudly called themselves, the Know Nothings
- Like today’s Teabaggers, the Know Nothings wanted their Constitutional rights, but got angry when anyone asked them to actually discuss constitutional issues and governance
- the Know Nothings engaged in violence, arson, and destroying property of people who disagreed with them…Like today’s Teabaggers, they didn’t want debates. They shouted down other viewpoints and threatened people with violence or death.
- One of the driving forces behind the Teabag movement is the desire to remove the illegal Latin invaders
- Like the people who found and despised the ‘greasy spaghetti eaters” in eastern city sweat shops, the Teabaggers despise the “beaners”
- Like the Know Nothings, the Teabaggers want the easy game of marching, showing off their guns and their hand made signs.
The Progressive Interpretation
The Tea Party movement is like the “American Party” political movement of the mid-1800’s that hated immigrants and created derogatory names to insult them. The Tea Party patriots are “know nothings” who decry socialism in America and are too ignorant to understand what they’re fighting for. Instead of civil debate, they gather with their guns and home made signs to incite violence and race-bait. SInce they can’t debate the facts, Tea Party patriots resort to name calling and physically assaulting the opposition. The outlook looks good for the Progressive cause.
Wow, these clowns really are insane. Good luck with this Socialist/Marxist assault on America. By the way Mr. LA Progressive, we will be sure to include your name when we resurrect the Committees On Un-American activities. At least you got that part right.