A Tremendous Thanks to the US Armed Forces for Protecting American Freedoms
Well, the Progressive agenda to paint Tea Party patriots as a threat to America continues, but unfortunately for the author of this inaccurate rant, the case he makes better describes the characteristics of his progressive comrades.
If this author would have any backbone, he would have just come out and said what he means, instead of trying to mislead readers with loose associations of hatred, racism, violence, and ignorance. I’ll highlight the attacks through his associations and I will condense his fluffed up 22 paragraphs into one as to show the intention of this vitriol attack. His premise to portray the Tea Party Movement as immigrant-haters is merely disguised to do what Progressives, Marxist, and Communists do best when they have lost the argument- resort to name calling. I’ll bullet point his vitriol.
- Teabaggers are nostalgic for the 1950s and resentful about how Senator Joe McCarthy was disrespected
- we’ve all seen articles focusing on the racist signs and actions at Teabagger events
- Perhaps the clearest antecedent to the Teabag movement is the American Party, formed in 1845…The core belief of the party was that the United States was being ruined by the influx of “racially inferior” immigrants.
- Bohunks or Hunkies were Hungarian and Bohemian laborers…were considered less human, even, than the Polacks.
- Micks and Paddys were Irish immigrants. Potato eaters…derided as Wiggers, a contraction of White-n***er, also dismissed as uncivilized
- Wops were the Italians…whose presence polluted city ghettos and burdened civic services.
- The Micks, Hunkies, and Wops (and other immigrant groups) were called untrainable and racially inferior.
- Was the concept of race was different in those days?…But our need to feel better than someone else remained. So what?! Ta Da! The Beaner, Wetback, Latino “race” emerged.
- People who benefit from discrimination needed a new target group.
- the American Party focused on the perceived “threat” to our culture, our nation, our stability, just as the Teabaggers do today.
- today’s Teabaggers don’t know much about socialism, the American Party members didn’t know much about Catholicism, except that they were scared of it and they hated it.
- the American Party…People called them, and they proudly called themselves, the Know Nothings
- Like today’s Teabaggers, the Know Nothings wanted their Constitutional rights, but got angry when anyone asked them to actually discuss constitutional issues and governance
- the Know Nothings engaged in violence, arson, and destroying property of people who disagreed with them…Like today’s Teabaggers, they didn’t want debates. They shouted down other viewpoints and threatened people with violence or death.
- One of the driving forces behind the Teabag movement is the desire to remove the illegal Latin invaders
- Like the people who found and despised the ‘greasy spaghetti eaters” in eastern city sweat shops, the Teabaggers despise the “beaners”
- Like the Know Nothings, the Teabaggers want the easy game of marching, showing off their guns and their hand made signs.
The Progressive Interpretation
The Tea Party movement is like the “American Party” political movement of the mid-1800’s that hated immigrants and created derogatory names to insult them. The Tea Party patriots are “know nothings” who decry socialism in America and are too ignorant to understand what they’re fighting for. Instead of civil debate, they gather with their guns and home made signs to incite violence and race-bait. SInce they can’t debate the facts, Tea Party patriots resort to name calling and physically assaulting the opposition. The outlook looks good for the Progressive cause.
Wow, these clowns really are insane. Good luck with this Socialist/Marxist assault on America. By the way Mr. LA Progressive, we will be sure to include your name when we resurrect the Committees On Un-American activities. At least you got that part right.
Targeting Citizens Is Getting Too Serious To Ignore
Robert A. Bonelli
The Senatorial campaign of Scott Brown, the Republican candidate in the special election in Massachusetts, is gaining momentum and causing his opposition in the Democratic Party to panic. Panic reveals the worst in people and panic also reveals the truth of what people really think. Has panic over a possible Brown victory resulted in the Democratic Party stepping up its verbal attack on American citizens to the point that it is now becoming too serious, and possibly too dangerous, to pass off as simply politics?
Brown’s opposition is now targeting the TEA Party movement as “his radical backers.” In recent remarks by prominent Democratic Politicians, as published on the Fox News website this weekend (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/15/democrats-accuse-brown-radical-ties-senate-election-nears/), Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., called Brown a “far-right tea-bagger” in an e-mail, using a term that also can refer to a sexual act. Then on Friday, Sen. Chris Dodd, D-Conn., wrote in a fundraising e-mail that Coakley (Brown’s Democratic Party opponent) was “being attacked by tea partiers and right-wing radicals.”
Patriotic citizens exercising their free speech against the big government policies of the Obama Administration have been attacked repeatedly since the TEA Party movement began to grow across the Untied States last summer. Democratic House (of Representatives) leader Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Senate leader Harry Reid, the left leaning old media and even Mr. Obama, have used the term “tea-bagger” as a pejorative reference to everyday Americans who decided to leave their comfort zones and speak out for the preservation of personal liberties and for less government in their lives. These current attacks on Scott Brown should awaken all Americans to the planned targeting of opposition speech.
The increased targeting of TEA Party patriots by the Obama Administration, the Democratic controlled Congress and the old media should be a major concern for all Americans. If we don’t recognize what is beginning and quickly speak out to stop it, we could be on the verge of a Crystal Night (name that’s been given to the night of 9-10 November 1938. In almost all large German cities and some smaller ones that night, store windows of Jewish shops were broken, Jewish houses and apartments were destroyed, and synagogues were demolished and set on fire. Many Jews were arrested, some were beaten, and some were even killed. The “Reich Crystal Night” (Reichskristallnacht) was one of the most shameful events of National Socialist Germany) in our own nation.
The Crystal Night reference should be disturbing to every citizen of our great country, but it should be even more disturbing to see American citizens singled out and targeted – verbally, for now – by our own government. History teaches us that tyranny is supported by creating an internal enemy to be the target of anger, anger that is then diverted away from the tyrannical government and toward the innocent citizenry identified as that internal enemy.
TEA Party patriots speaking out against big government policies that are driving our nation deeper into debt and stripping us of personal liberties should not be vilified, but praised. Every American exercising his or her constitutional rights should be honored by our government. Unfortunately our government has clearly forgotten that it is subject to its citizens and not the other way around.
All American citizens regardless of their political beliefs should not tolerate the targeting of their fellow citizens. All of those who have taken the oath “to support and defend the Constitution of the United States”, should make it clear to the government that you will stand with your fellow citizens and defend their right to speak out. Now is the time.
Most citizens of the U.S. have been brainwashed into believing the form of government set forth by our Founding Fathers was a Democracy. They knew that Democracy was essentially mob rule that transforms itself into an Oligarchy and that’s what we currently have. That’s why the United States was set up as a Republic , which is based on “the rule of law” where the government itself leaves it’s citizens alone, instead of trying to run their lives. We can return to a Republic only if the people of America wake up and take our country away from the corporate bought and paid for politicians.
Can you ever imagine the result of U.S. citizens not buying into the polarized political spectrum created by U.S. politicians? Allowing the most polarizing issues to separate us guarantees the citizens of our country will continue to be used as pawns in the politician’s game that serve their self-interests and special interest.
Being a former Republican, I was tired of the, “it’s the Democrat’s fault; no it’s the Republican’s fault”. I finally realized the name of their game is to keep a divided America, so the average voting citizen has no true say in the gargantuan government that has been essentially designed by corporate America and implemented by corrupt politicians.
Most of us in America, regardless of political affiliation, have more common interests than the current political system would have us believe. Of course, there will continue to be the neo’s, theo’s, and paleo’s on each side of the spectrum that represent the extremes, but do not represent the majority of us.
We should allow the most divisive issues between us to be handled on the state level or personal level and unite around the ideas that once made us the envy of the world. The (R) and (D) truly represent special/corporate interests and are moving closer to a fascist America.
Throw away both of these parties and help create an alternate political movement that moves in step with the Constitutional Representative Republic our country was founded on. We need to unite for our interest before it is too late.